Cinema Verdi104 W. 39th St., New York, NY
ABOUT THIS THEATRE
Previously known as
Labor Stage Theatre
Lucille La Verne Theatre
William A. Swasey, architect. Built by producer F. Ray Comstock, actor-director Holbrook Blinn, and the Shuberts to present short plays, inspired by Paris' Grand Guignol. When this proved unpopular, the policy was changed. It was renamed for actress Lucille La Verne when she appeared in "Sun-Up" in 1928--only to revert back to the Princess six months later. Later, it was the recreation center for the Ladies Garment Worker's Union, then a movie house. Finally, in June of 1955, it was torn down.