Casino Theatre1404 Broadway (W. 39th), New York, NY
ABOUT THIS THEATRE
Kimball & Wisedell, architects. Built by producer Rudolph Aronson for light musicals and operetta, but showed mostly "polite vaudeville" starting in 1892. Canary & Lederer managed it from 1894 until 1903, when the Shuberts acquired the lease. A 1905 fire necessitated much reconstruction. In February of 1930, the theatre was demolished to make room for the expanding garment district.
See all 4 photos