Morosco Theatre217 W. 45th St., New York, NY
ABOUT THIS THEATRE
Herbert J. Krapp, architect. Built by the Shuberts for Oliver Morosco (his tenure as manager lasted 7 years) in gratitude for Morosco helping them to break the monopoly of the Theatrical Syndicate. The Shuberts lost it in the Depression and City Playhouses, Inc. bought it in an auction in 1943. It was sold in 1968 to Bankers Trust Company and, after protests failed, destroyed in 1982 to build Marriott Marquis hotel and theatre.
See all 4 photos