Knickerbocker Theatre1396 Broadway (West 38th St.), New York, NY
ABOUT THIS THEATRE
Previously known as
J.B. McElfatrick & Co., architects. Named for producer and theatre manager Henry Abbey, who managed the booking house until his death in 1896. Then, Al Hayman (and his Theatrical Syndicate group) assumed control and renamed it the Knickerbocker. In 1906, introduced Broadway's first moving electric sign, an advertisement for the current production. Sold after the stock market crash. Demolished in 1930.
See all 3 photos