Daly's Theatre1221 Broadway (30th St.), New York, NY
ABOUT THIS THEATRE
Previously known as
Wood's Museum and Metropolitan
Began its life as museum-theatre, operated by owner John Banvard. The next year it was renamed for the new owner and offered light musical comedy. Banvard regained control in 1876 and renamed it the Broadway. In 1879, Augustin Daly took over, renaming for himself one of the city's last stock companies. After his 1899 death, various managers followed, including the Shuberts. It was a burlesque house when it was demolished in 1920.