1481 Broadway, New York, NY
Thomas W. Lamb and Rosario Candela, architects. In 1916, Hammerstein's Victoria Theatre was demolished and replaced by a movie theatre called the Rialto. In 1935, that theatre was torn down and a new structure was built on the site, featuring a smaller Rialto as well as shops, offices, and a TV studio that later housed Geraldo Rivera and Montel Williams' programs. By the 1970s, it was operating as an adult film house. In February of 1980, it became a legit house. In 2002, it was demolished.
Built: 1916 Demolished: 2002