Hudson Theatre - July 2006

Hudson Theatre

141 W. 44th St., New York, NY
Seats (approximate)
1050
Built
1903

ABOUT THIS THEATRE

Previously
known as
Previously known as
Hudson Theatre
Description
J.B. McElfatrick, Israels & Harder, architects. Built by producer Henry B. Harris, managed by his wife Rene after his death on the Titanic in 1912. Often used as a TV studio in the 1930s, 40s, and 50s. In 1974, it was a blue movie theatre. In 1980, it became the Savoy, a rock club. In 1987, it received landmark status, so owner Henry Macklowe incorporated it into his adjacent hotel, the Millennium Broadway Hotel, using it as a conference center and auditorium. The venue re-opened as a legitimate Broadway theatre in 2017, operating under the Ambassador Theatre Group.

To learn more about the the Hudson Theatre, visit the Hudson Theatre's website.

LIST OF PRODUCTIONS