Garden Theatre22 E. 27th St. (Madison Ave), New York, NY
ABOUT THIS THEATRE
Bandmaster Patrick Gilmore converted an old passenger railroad station into a concert hall, Gilmore's Garden. Later, P.T. Barnum leased it for his circus amusements. In 1880, it was demolished and rebuilt as Madison Square Garden. In 1890, it was again demolished, rebuilt (McKim, Mead, & White, architects), and renamed the Garden Theatre. Finally demolished in 1925 for New York Life Insurance building.