Casa Manana753 Seventh Ave. (W. 50th St.), New York, NY
ABOUT THIS THEATRE
Previously known as
Earl Carroll Theatre
George Keister (1923, 1931) and Joseph Babolnay (1931), architects. Built by Earl Carroll to stage revues. In 1930, he demolished it, bought the adjacent building for $4.5 million, and rebuilt it as a bigger theatre and movie palace--but the weekly running costs proved unsustainable. Foreclosure followed, and Ziegfeld acquired (and renamed) it. In 1933, it was a night club. By 1939, then owner Billy Rose had lost interest and closed the venue. Later replaced by Woolworth's, it was razed in 1990.
See all 4 photos