United Palace Theatre
175th Street and Broadway, New York, NY
Thomas W. Lamb, architect. Opened February 15, 1930 as the United Palace Theatre. Built as a vaudeville house for uptown residents. When vaudeville declined, it was converted to a deluxe movie house, and renamed Loew's 175th Street Theatre. In 1969, Dr. Frederick Eikerenkoetter ("Rev. Ike") and the United Christian Evangelistic Association purchased the theatre for Christ United Church and televised the "The Joy of Living" program in 1971.