Icon

Stage Door Canteen

216 West 44th St., New York, NY
Built
1913
Demolished
1945

ABOUT THIS THEATRE

Previously
known as
Previously known as
Description
Basement of Weber and Fields' Music Hall. As the Little Club, it was owned by Justine Johnstone. During Prohibition, it was a meeting place and cafe where alcohol may have been consumed. It later became the Stage Door Canteen, a popular hangout for soldiers during World War II.