Greenwich Street Summer Theatre82-84 Greenwich Street, New York, NY
ABOUT THIS THEATRE
Previously known as
Ricketts' New Amphitheatre
Francis Ricketts moved his circus to this venue in 1797 after leaving his earlier venue at Broadway and Exchange Alley. In 1798, it became the Pantheon when an acting company took over. Later, managed by by Wignell and Reinagle, it became the Greenwich Street Summer Theatre.