Erwin Piscator's Dramatic Workshop247 W. 48th St., New York, NY
ABOUT THIS THEATRE
Previously known as
Edyth Totten Theatre
Paul C. Hunter, architect. A playhouse too small to support its weekly running costs without a hit in residence, the Edyth Trotter changed its name and bill of fare a dozen times in thirty years. Everything from drama and comedy to German and Italian film to all-midget theatre was performed on the small stage. In 1956, the space was purchased by next-door neighbor Mamma Leone's restaurant. In 1988, the entire building was demolished.