1825 Broadway at 60th St., New York, NY
Charles Cavenaugh (1901) and Thomas W. Lamb (1906), architects. Owners Charles Evans and W.D. Mann intended (in 1900) for it to be a vaudeville house but disputes with the nearby Church of the Paulist Fathers forced a policy of high-class orchestral fare, which proved unpopular. Remodeled in 1906, it re-opened as a legit venue. In 1935, a bomb (a result of theatre labor disputes) damaged the box office and lobby. In 1939, the interior was transformed into the Columbus Circle Roller Rink. Razed in 1954.
Built: 1901 Closed: 1935 Demolished: 1954