Buckley's Hall585 Broadway (Prince & Houston), New York, NY
ABOUT THIS THEATRE
In 1856, the celebrated Buckley Serenaders minstrel troupe opened their second theatre. This venue lasted well beyond the end of the minstrel vogue, however. It was later used as variety house, a German and French-language theatre, and, finally, a legit house. Tony Pastor managed it during its last legs, from 1875 to 1881.