Bon Ton23rd Street (6th Ave.), New York, NY
ABOUT THIS THEATRE
Previously known as
Bryant's Opera House
Opened as Bryant's Opera House, a minstrel theatre. After Bryant's death in 1875, there were several managers and policies(including French-language productions). In 1879, Koster & Bial took over, but they were more interested in selling beer and champagne than in presenting first class entertainment. They removed the stage, added gardens, enlarged the seating area, and turned the venue into a concert saloon. Later, it became the Bon Ton, but it was torn down in 1924.