Bandbox TheatreEast 57th Street near Third Avenue, New York, NY
ABOUT THIS THEATRE
Previously known as
Adolf Philipp's Fifty-Seventh Street Theatre
The venue opened under the direction of Adolf Phillip who dedicated the playhouse to the production of "light German and Viennese operettas." In December 1914, the New York Play Actors, Inc. announced they would remodel and take over the venue; it would reopen as the Bandbox.