Arnold Abramson began his career at Triangle Studios and Dunkel Studios. When William Nolan opened Nolan Scenery Studios in the newly purposed Brooklyn Ice Palace in 1956, he became Charge Scenic Artist and a partner in the business. During this time, Abramson taught scene painting for seven years at Yale University and 22 years at New York University Tisch School of the Arts. Abramson moved to Florida in 1991 and opened a Union shop called Studio South where he painted several backdrops for New York City Ballet, as well as productions that were sent to New York for Broadway. Studio South also painted sets and backdrops for the Miami City Ballet, and Abramson designed four productions for Miami City Ballet. Studio South was closed in 2005, after which Abramson painted at Coconut Studios until his retirement in 2012. Abramson was the second to be honored as a Master and Legend in 2012 at SUNY Purchase.