Leonard & Church Sts., New York, NY
Built using funds raised by allowing wealthy patrons to purchase theatre boxes. By 1836, the venture seemed a failure and it was sold at auction to C. Mauran (an original backer) and James Wallack (the manager). Wallack's company found enough success that, when it burned down in 1839, it was worth rebuilding. In 1841, when it once again caught fire, it was not rebuilt.
Built: 1833 Demolished: 1841